Assistant Payroll Manager
Country : Australia
Town : MELBOURNE
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to have moved into a newly renovated state-of-the-art Support Office in Abbotsford which includes a fully equipped onsite gym, basketball court, café & more!
Reporting into the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of multiple payroll periods (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) across the group, in a timely manner and ensuring compliance against internal policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
You will also provide effective leadership and direction to the payroll team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services with a strong customer service focus.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Leading a team of 4 direct reports in the payroll team to ensure an efficient and effective delivery of all payroll for the Group
- Providing coaching and mentoring to develop the Payroll team; ensuring appropriate levels of training, a culture of continuous improvement and excellent level of customer service is provided at all times.
- Driving process improvements and streamlining the Payroll function where possible.
- Produce and maintain workforce metrics and Team Member data to undertake high level analysis and reporting.
- Maintaining sound understand of current Payroll and Award legislation, as well as remuneration benefits and taxation issues.
- Ensuring payments to Team Members are made accurately and on time as per letters of appointment, Awards and legislative requirements.
- Month-end and financial year-end procedures processed accurately and on time.
- All legislative and company reconciliations and payments processed within required timeframes
- Maintaining and reviewing current processes and procedures to maintain and develop new standards and processes in line with strategic plans.
- Identify, establish, build and maintain effective network links and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Compiling statistics for analysis and any reporting as requested by the business.
- Establishing and implementing effective changes to the Payroll system and actively participate in relevant projects that enhance workforce and Payroll outcomes
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing a small team with multiple pay runs
- Superior understanding of Awards - with preference to theGeneral Retail Industry Award 2010
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel
- Proven experience with Time & Attendance systems, Humanforce preferred
- Experience with large Payroll & HCM software environments - Ascender - Preceda preferred
- A sound knowledge of current Payroll legislation including, Superannuation, PAYG & Payroll Tax
- Strong ability to operate in a fast-paced, medium volume environment
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels with a high level of service orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and with the ability to prioritise and balance conflicting workloads whilst maintaining confidentiality requirements