About the company
Our client is a well known Australian department store who have a huge focus on customer experience. They have a large presence in Australia with over 50 stores nationally.
They are known in the market for having a family like culture and put their people at the heart of everything they do!
They are seeking an experienced buyer to manage the cosmetics category which is one of the largest portfolios within the business.
About the role
Through your understanding of the customer and current trends in beauty & cosmetics you will be responsible for developing and delivering product strategies, range selection and price negotiation. You will develop a range that exceeds brand values and be responsible for the product performance in terms of sales, distribution and marketing.
-Identifying growth opportunities to influence profit and financial performance
-Sourcing new brands in line with new trends and customer demands
-Managing the range - quality and quantity of product according to customer demand, trends, budgets and pricing
-Set prices and sell through targets in conjunction with the Buying Manager/GM of Buying to ensure they are in line with the budget
-Analyse market trends, consumer preferences, sell through, seasonal demands etc to formulate a buying practice in line with consumer and store demands
-Negotiate with new suppliers on product pricing, payment terms, cost of freight, provision of training, and the extent of their involvement in advertising and promotions
- A genuine love for skin care with excellent product knowledge of the cosmetics & beauty category
- Have previous experience as a Branded Buyer within the skincare category for a fast paced retailer
- Be able to report and present information confidently and have strong influencing skills to achieve the best outcomes for the business
- Can demonstrate sound relationship management and influencing / negotiation skills
- Excellent commercial and business acumen