Financial Accountant (Contract)
Country : Australia
Region : Victoria
Town : Melbourne
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
On a monthly basis this role with touch each part of the business, working to accurately record overhead expenses, management of our intercompany transactions and payroll related compliance. This role allows you to record historical events as well as assist in determining future business decisions.
A process driven individual, you will have a strong focus on compliance and a desire to complete detailed and presentable workpapers.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Preparation of SGA related accounting entries (wages and other overheads)
* Preparation of periodic reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
* Compliance with all internal controls, including required SOX Controls processes
* Business partnering cross-functionally (local and global) to ensure accurate delivery on reporting and analysis
* Management of intercompany transactions with Nike entities globally
* Management of payroll related accounting entries (including postings, payroll tax calculations and workers comp).
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
In this role you will have the ability to work collaboratively across all functions of the business. Growing in the role you will have the opportunity to become the key contact for business partnering and collaboratively find solutions for business decisions.
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
* A relevant Tertiary qualification in Finance/Commerce or similar
* CA/CPA Qualified (or part-thereof)
* Demonstrated knowledge of the process of, and importance, of balance sheet reconciliations
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to engage, negotiate with and influence key stakeholders, both internal and external
* Advanced Excel skills and experience, SAP experience is preferred
* The ability to work autonomously and work to a deadline
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY 11th OF MAY.